Creating user gives error

when i run SQL command CREATE USER anubhav (password = ’anubhav’, is_super = ’true’); to create user it is giving syntax error.

Hi @anubhavj880,

This works fine for me. Are you sure a) Immerse has a connection to the database and b) you are not using any hidden non-ASCII characters that could be tripping up the parser?

yes i am connected to db i have 2 tables also which are showing when making dashboard but i don’t about hidden non-ASCII characters but when i perform this command its working.

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS tweets (
tweet_id BIGINT NOT NULL,
tweet_time TIMESTAMP NOT NULL ENCODING FIXED(32),
lat REAL,
lon REAL,
sender_id BIGINT NOT NULL,
sender_name TEXT NOT NULL ENCODING DICT,
location TEXT ENCODING DICT,
source TEXT ENCODING DICT,
reply_to_user_id BIGINT,
reply_to_tweet_id BIGINT,
lang TEXT ENCODING DICT,
followers INT,
followees INT,
tweet_count INT,
join_time TIMESTAMP ENCODING FIXED(32),
tweet_text TEXT,
state TEXT ENCODING DICT,
county TEXT ENCODING DICT,
place_name TEXT,
state_abbr TEXT ENCODING DICT,
county_state TEXT ENCODING DICT,
origin TEXT ENCODING DICT);

Hi

Could you confirm you are using ' as the quote chacter and not ```

Its hard to tell from a screen snap.

regards

thanks for reply actually i was using ` and i shouls use ’ .So now problem is resolved

information_schema.tables table is now available in mapd i think then how would i know how many tables are there in a particular database

Hi,

From mapdql you can use the \t command for report tables, and \d <tables> to describe the table.

From the SQL Editior Beta in Immerse there is no mechanism yet to see schema objects but it is coming soon.

regards

Can you tell me how to delete all rows from a Specific table because DELETE Command is not supported yet

Hi,

You will have to drop the table to remove all content and then recreate the table.

TRUNCATE will come one day.

regards