Data loading error

I have pipe-delimited files where each row ends with a pipe character. Some load without problems using the copy command, but others have failed.

The error is along the lines of: “Incorrect Row (expected 17 columns, has 18) …”. The loader seems to expect an additional column due to the final |.

I have recreated one of the tables concerned in MySql using the same table DDL and loaded the same file without problems.

Have you any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Hi,

Please send a small sample file for us to try to reproduce the issue

regards

The file is 175MB, but here are a few rows.

1|lace spring|MFGR#1|MFGR#11|MFGR#1121|goldenrod|PROMO BURNISHED COPPER|7|JUMBO PKG|
2|rosy metallic|MFGR#4|MFGR#43|MFGR#4318|blush|LARGE BRUSHED BRASS|1|LG CASE|
3|green antique|MFGR#3|MFGR#32|MFGR#3210|dark|STANDARD POLISHED BRASS|21|WRAP CASE|
4|metallic smoke|MFGR#1|MFGR#14|MFGR#1426|chocolate|SMALL PLATED BRASS|14|MED DRUM|
5|blush chiffon|MFGR#4|MFGR#45|MFGR#4510|forest|STANDARD POLISHED TIN|15|SM PKG|
6|ivory azure|MFGR#2|MFGR#23|MFGR#2325|white|PROMO PLATED STEEL|4|MED BAG|
7|blanched tan|MFGR#5|MFGR#51|MFGR#513|blue|SMALL PLATED COPPER|45|SM BAG|
8|khaki cream|MFGR#1|MFGR#13|MFGR#1328|ivory|PROMO BURNISHED TIN|41|LG DRUM|
9|rose moccasin|MFGR#4|MFGR#41|MFGR#4117|thistle|SMALL BURNISHED STEEL|12|WRAP CASE|
10|moccasin royal|MFGR#2|MFGR#21|MFGR#2128|floral|LARGE BURNISHED STEEL|44|LG CAN|

The table is:
CREATE TABLE part(
p_partkey INT NOT NULL,
p_name VARCHAR(22),
p_mfgr CHAR(6),
p_category CHAR(7),
p_brand1 CHAR(9),
p_color VARCHAR(11),
p_type VARCHAR(25),
p_size INT,
p_container CHAR(10)
);

I created it in a new database. I executed:
COPY part from ‘/home/centos/data/part.tbl’ WITH (delimiter = ‘|’, quoted = ‘false’, header=‘false’);

Many thanks.

Hi,

There should be no trailing delimiter.

This looks like TPC-H style generated data. If you have generated the data there is an option on dbgen to stop the trailing delimiter being generated

regards

Thanks for the clarification, although it’s odd that the other files loaded. I’ll try again without.