We’re excited to announce that version 3.5 of the MapD Platform was released this morning, including updates to both Community and Enterprise Editions. You can give it a try now by installing a fresh MapD instance, or upgrading your existing instance.
The full list of updates is in the release notes. This version includes a number of important new features:
- S3 Import: COPY FROM now supports directly loading data files (including compressed formats supported in release 3.4) from S3 buckets.
- KafkaImporter: MapD can now read delimited rows from Kafka topics using the efficient binary columnar load path.
- StreamImporter: New utility with improved streaming reads for data load, using binary columnar load path.
- outer join performance improvements
- autocomplete support in mapdql
- performance improvements in rendering datasets with large numbers of polygons
- SQL Editor now includes autocomplete and syntax highlighting
- Scatter Plot and Geo Pointmap charts now support aggregations.
- Immerse can now be configured to point Mapbox at an internal Atlas Server
- Immerse now allows adding additional mapbox basemap styles and 3rd party map tiles
- Community Edition EULA is updated.
Please let us know your experience, either by posting here in the forum, or emailing us directly (email@example.com). You can also post any issues you run into directly into the MapD Core GitHub repo.
We also have a blog post with more information.
Thanks for participating!