The schema for table is

CREATE TABLE table (
	column1 VARCHAR(255) ENCODING NONE,
	column2 VARCHAR(255) ENCODING NONE,
	column3 VARCHAR(255) ENCODING NONE,
	column4 VARCHAR(255) ENCODING NONE,
	column5 VARCHAR(255) ENCODING NONE
);

Not seeing anything in the documentation about what this error means, any help appreciated

Hi,

How many rows are there in table. Your schema does not seem to match the select you are performing on the table, I see no address or txid columns in your create table.

regards

There are about 500 million rows, and the schema is just an error on my part when making this post, mapdql would have told me if my columns didn’t exist so that’s not the issue.

I’ll go edit the post

Hi,

I think we are inelegantly running out of memory on that CREATE TABLE AS as statement trying to move the 500M rows. The full projection is attempting to be materialized before being placed into the new table.

You could try running the CREATE TABLE AS on CPU (hopefully having significantly more memory) by issuing from mapdql the \cpu command (tell the engine to run the following commands on CPU) prior to trying the CREATE but I am not super confident it will get you there for .5B rows.

regards

hey dwayne thanks for the advice, I’ll give it a try.

I do already have allow-cpu-retry = true and enable-watchdog = false set in mapd.conf, wouldn’t that accomplish basically the same thing?