Startmapd throwing error in AWS EC2 ubuntu instance

Hi, I installed mapd community edition in g2.2xlarge gpu cluster in Amazon AWS with Ubuntu 16.04. When I run the $MAPD_PATH/startmapd --data $MAPD_STORAGE I get a segmentation fault. Details are here:

/home/ubuntu/mapd-ce-3.1.0-20170615-b95a40e-Linux-x86_64-render//startmapd:
line 95: 7179 Segmentation fault (core dumped) ./bin/mapd_server $MAPD_DATA $RO --port $MAPD_TCP_PORT --http-port MAPD_HTTP_PORT *
Terminated

Also during the initdb command I am getting:
bin/initdb --data ~/mapd_data
MapD catalogs already initialized at /home/ubuntu/mapd_data. Use -f to force reinitialization.

From the documentation it is not very clear what is the difference between $MAPD_STORAGE and $MAPD_DATA folders. Right now, I have both of them to the same /opt/var/mapd folder where I have the mapd_catalogs. Please advice me how can I run the MapD community edition in a g2.2xlarge Ubuntu 16.06 EC2 computer.

Thanks

please see

there should be a new community edition available very soon

regards

Thank you for informing about the Glibc issue. Can you also suggest if I am using the initdb command the right way. When I run “bin/initdb --data ~/mapd_data” from mapd_core folder I get:

MapD catalogs already initialized at /home/ubuntu/mapd_data. Use -f to force reinitialization
From the documentation it is not very clear what is the difference between $MAPD_STORAGE and $MAPD_DATA folders. Right now, I have both of them to the same /opt/var/mapd folder where I have the mapd_catalogs.