Welcome Patricia Dugan: Community Manager

Please join me in welcoming Patricia Dugan (@patricia_dugan) to the community! She is joining MapD as our first Community Manager, and I couldn’t be happier to have her onboard. She’ll be defining our community outreach programs, expanding the breadth and depth of our open source contributors, and facilitating community support through this forum and others. She’ll be both a huge resource for the community, and an important voice for the community within MapD.

Patricia is joining us from previous community roles at Walmart Labs and the New Stack. She’s also the Founder of Gather, a very cool social club for female leaders and entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley. She’s a proven leader and connector, and I’m excited to have her help building our nascent community around MapD.

Don’t be shy about reaching out to her, I know she’s excited to meet you and get involved.

Welcome, Patricia!!

@aaron_mapd, thank you for the warm welcome!

And, hello to all who are here in the forum.

I am thrilled to be here for you, and honored to have the opportunity to get to know you and to listen to your input. I am excited to co-create an ecosystem which fully supports your building and learning with MapD.

If you’re on Twitter, please do connect: @patricia_dugan.

I’m accessible at your whim as a soundboard about what you’re experiencing, so please do not hesitate to reach out.

We’re going to do amazing things together! Let’s go.

pd