Welcome to the MapD Community Forum

Please have a look at our documentation (www.mapd.com/docs) for useful info on how to setup, configure and use the MapD Core database and the Immerse visual analytics client.

If you’d like to download the community version of our product, you can do so here.

If you’re interested in taking a look at the open source code on Github you can find it here.

If you have other questions please ask! Thank you for trying out MapD.

It would be helpful if the demo could be dumbed down to only those capabilities available in the Community Version. I respond to RFPs and think MapD can be used for a number of applications. But, I don’t know if the features available in the Community version are sufficient for the need. And, if I propose that a customized MapD solution, how much the basic MapD will cost them. Can you help with that?

Hi @khogan1 - We should talk, I’d like to better understand the use cases you’re considering MapD for. And if there’s anything we could do to help you win those RFPs, we’d be happy to.

Also, it might not have been clear, but our Community Edition is not licensed for commercial use, so it’s not going to be a good fit for your RFPs. It is available under a non-commercial license, which is designed to enable developers to download and evaluate MapD on prem. We want developers to use it, and we try to make that easy, but if you’re looking to propose a custom solution based on MapD, we have three editions that you (or your clients) can use in production: open source MapD Core, MapD Enterprise (which includes the core SQL engine, renderer and our Immerse visualizer), and MapD Cloud (which is MapD Enterprise as a service).

Sorry if the licensing was confusing. We made some small changes last night to the downloads page on our site to try and make it more clear who Community Edition edition is designed for, and we have some more changes we’re looking at.

If you want to chat about your use cases, you can email me at aaron@mapd.com.

Thanks!